Search This Blog

Monday, August 17, 2026

Strange Senses; Sweet Smells. Comical poem 838 by Angela Lansbury

 I feel soft carpet on the floor

I feel soft towels, dry, and damp

I clasp hard handles on each door

Watch light cast shadows from the lamp


I hear the hum of traffic noise

Gulp down refreshing cups of water

I see shelves of dolls, big bears, toys

I hear bird song, far, joyful, laughter


Breathe in, aromas fill the room

Lavender, a pale pink spray

Musk, sweet jasmine, strong perfume

One day will all this go away?


No! Yet one day we'll all pass on

We will not sniff, nor touch, nor feel

It will go on, but I'll be gone

Yet what I see now seems so real

Rose in my garden, Hatch End. Photo by Angela Lansbury. Copyright.


Some say slow down, others hurry

I use my eyes, nose, teeth, and toes, 

Some say stay calm; others worry

Life's brief, real, sniff this lovely rose.


-ends-

Please follow my blogs. I write posts on comical poetry, travel, and dress of the day, every day. Other blogs such as the one on successful and winning speeches, are intermittent. Please share with your friends, family and colleagues links to entertaining or useful posts. 

Also take a look at my books on Amazon, and Lulu.com


No comments:

Post a Comment