Thursday, August 6, 2026

The visitor. It won't be long. Comical poem by Angela Lansbury

 It won't long now, you are on the train

It won't be long now, you will catch a plane

It won't be long now, I'll see you again

It won't be long now, then you can explain


You've such a big bill, it must've been a thrill

You've such a big heart, what did you start?

You're still my old friend, so we'll start again

It's an unbroken chain, 'til we both complain


I've worked all the day, put troubles away

Looked at our old home, wondered what you'd say

Is it glad I'm back? Or, I'll never stay

'cos this time I'm really going away


Well, I won't care, if you're not there

I'll shop again when the shelves are bare

Divide up the goods and I'll keep my share

I've plenty to spare, hidden everywhere   


Yet I have a scheme, I have a sweet dream

That all will be well, I can never tell

If you come back refreshed, and I'm well dressed

All sweet and neat, you'll walk in impressed, I guess.

-ends-                                                                                                                                                                                                       

 

No comments:

Post a Comment