Friday, August 14, 2026

Don't Believe It! Comical poem 836 by Angela Lansbury

 



Sceptical reader
 Selphie by Angela Lansbury. Copyright.

Don't believe all that is written

Some of it's always wrong

The worst baddie is good when you're smitten

Everyone changes the words of a song


Nobody knows words and authors of quotes

They change punchlines of jokes and anecdotes

Nobody can remember names

And everone thinks somone else is to blame


Even the best singer sometimes mimes

The smartest people mistake dates and times

Some meetings do not last as long

But others go on. and on, and on


To sum up, I can't remember

Most of the things I and you know

Events from the past never last

Even those from five minutes ago.

-ends-

I wrote this when I wanted to give the dates of next year's annual Writers' Summer School at the Hayes Conference Centre. This year's programme had handily ggiven the dates of next year's conference snd the one after that which had been booked. Abd deposits paid, this year,s chairman told us. Then he said that the date of next year's conference was wrong!

!


No comments:

Post a Comment