Tuesday, August 18, 2026

Your Greatest Enemy. Comical poem 839 by Angela Lansbury.

 Sometimes your greatest enemy

Is something small you did not see

Which sneaked up on you in the night

And left behind a nasty bite


It strikes the poor, bourgeois and rich

You feel a twitch and then an itch

Things went so well, now life's a bitch

Now every other plan is ditched


Smothered in lemon, wrapped up tight

I do not sleep a wink all night

Stalk like a cat, hide like a mouse

You have to leave your haunted house


When something is out to harm us

Better wear winter pyjamas

Forget about the miniskirt

Try floor length skirt and long-sleeved shirt


You feel so bad you want to die

Try not to cry but simply sigh

You call on friends who wonder why

They can only see one eye


Don't ask to be a millionaire

Just pray no nits found in my hair

I'm dreaming of that happy day

When insects and bites go away.


I now recall what went before

To fight each bite and win this war

To launch attack with insect spray

And make those blighters fly away


Sometimes your greatest enemy 

Is something small you cannot see

When this torment comes to an end

I'll call the universe my friend.

-ends-

Please share with friends the links to your favourite posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment