Thursday, August 6, 2026

Whatever Can Go Wrong. Comical poem 831 by Angela Lansbury.

 


I must not wait
Or I'll be late
Do I have time to change odd socks?
When I'm chased by two ticking clocks?

Whatever can go wrong? 

Whatever can go

Whatever can

Whatever


Whatever can go wrong will do so

Whatever, whatever

Can, can, go wrong, I can put right

Do, do! So? So? I can do so!


Whatever can go wrong will do so

Go, go. Go wrong, go wrong

Wrong, wrong, TAKES TOO LONG

Will, will. CHIL. CHILL. Do so, do so


How do I know? OH, NO. No, no

Because I say so. Even though

Sometimes I know

How things will go.


But I don't say so. No? Why so?

'Though erratic, I'm diplomatic

Hesitate to be emphatic.


To be fair, does anyone care?

Is anyone even there?

Everyone knows, But no-one goes

When there's a problem, no-one shows


How do they know? Evidence glows.


Mistakes are like a clicking clock

Which sometimes goes and sometimes stops

When it's important that I share

I watch my watch and then compare.


If I remember my mistakes

I know I can do what it takes

To learn from others' dire mistakes

Fixed! The repeating cycle breaks.


-ends-

Please share links to your favourite poems

No comments:

Post a Comment