Tuesday, August 4, 2026

Whatever can go wrong goes wrong. Comical poem by Angela Lansbury.

  Whether my day is short or long

Whatever can go wrong goes wrong

Whether I am early or late

Some things you can't anticipate


Even if I stay home and write

All day I edit, put wrongs right

Then, when I see the fading light

It's time for me to jaunt at night


I took great care with what I wore

Welcomed those I'd not seen before.

Friends gave me a lift to my door

My door key won't open the door!


What can I do now left alone?

Son's miles away, who can I phone?

I call my old friend from next door

She pulls, pushes, and three times more


We have no choice, it is a pain

She pulls and pushes once again

At last it opens. And no doubt

Friends help, but I'm scared to go out


Because I know, days short or long

Whatever can go wrong, goes wrong.

-ends-

Angela Lansbury is the author twenty books, including several books of comical poems, such as Animals Pets and Pests. She has also written  books on about writing poetry such as Poetry Workbook, which you can browse of buy from Amazon.co.uk, or Amazon.com and Lulu.com  She has also contributed poems and chapters to anthologies edited by Carolyn Street.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment