At night when I take a walk
I dream the bathroom fittings talk
The carpet feels my large warm feet
And comments every time we meet
Imagine fittings don't forget
But love visits and take a bet
'Our room's important, we shall see ...'
'Sh, here she comes to fondle me!'
'Hooray, householder's coming back.'
'I bet she'll pee,' 'I bet she'll crap'
'The body parts we must not mention
But, ooh, we do love attention!'
'Toilet's important, crushes mush
And has a satisfying flush ...'
'Turn me, I'm ready, here, hot tap'
'Hooray, my turn, she's coming back.
'I'm pretty towel, lovely, soft'
'I'm toothbrush, please lift me aloft.'
'I'm toothpaste, over here, please.
I love it when I get a squeeze!'
'She done, hooray, we all feel rich'
'Lastly, it's me, I'm the light switch
Whether you're clean, or have been sick
I give a satisfying click'
'I hope you like our happy rhyme
Goodbye, householder, till next time!'
-ends-
Every time I write a poem, I am so pleased with it. I think, all the other hundreds of poems might be forgotten, but this one will be repeated, remembered and repeated, and give pleasure for centuries.
Which poem is your favourite?
I'd love to have a comment from you. Who was it who said, 'writers ask for criticism, but all they want is praise'?
I asked Gemini. It was W. Somerset Maugham in his 1938 book Of Human Bondage. He wrote: 'when people ask you for criticism, they want praise'.
Please follow me and share links to your favourite poems.
No comments:
Post a Comment