Tuesday, September 1, 2026

Feet and Toes. Comical Song by Angela Lansbury.

Here's a story you should know

I said hello to my big toe

I have five toes on both my feet

Five plus five is ten, that's so neat


My big toe said I have a twin

We look alike, we're long and thin

Or short and fat, depending how

We stand and how you think of that


I must ask a simple question

I always really want to know

What time is it, do we start now

Where are we going to go?


I have four little friends

They always like to follow me

We like to go out for a walk

Until we stop somewhere for tea


I shall tell you my life story

I've always stayed close to my twin

We're similar but opposites

You may think that I look like him


I'm a very forward person

And I always step out first

Wherever I go, he'll follow

But I mostly get there first.


I like to walk but not to talk

I like to dance, I like to climb

I like shoes and socks and climbing rocks

And having a good time


My friend the head directs me

The head tells me where to go

But the head says I am important

And smiles at me, so that I know.


I may be hidden in a shoe

But I am always there for you

Ready to leap out of your bed

All through life help you get ahead.

-ends-

Please share links to your favourite posts. My poems are in books on Amazon and Lulu with books combining funny poems and advice on structures such as ballads and sonnets and villanelles and writing poems easily in the Poetry Workbook.

No comments:

Post a Comment