Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 30, 2026

You Choose Happy Words. Comical Poem By Angela Lansbury.

 You can chooose

When we meet

With your hands

With your feet


With your eyes

Words from your lips

Just like choosing

Salad or chips


You can choose

When we meet

Do your words smile

Your poems greet?


Your poem's just

A set of words

Just one tells me

Should you be heard


I can choose

I soon know

Should I stay?

Or should I go?


One false word 

And I'll be gone

One good word

And I'll stay on


One negative

I turn the page

A happy word

I'll share your stage


A question can be

A decoy

I'm looking for

A word of joy


A happy way

To start my day

Win or lose

You can choose


So I will share

A happy note

To be depression's 

Antidote


Strike out words which

Sound negative

And end with

Something positive


A laugh, a smile

Cheerfully say

Thanks for stopping

Have a great day


I hope my words

All positive

Will show you how

We all should live


If only one person's

Mood, day I save

My adult's thoughts

Like a child's wave


Will make you jolly

Happy, and brave

A wave of joy

A summer wave.

-ends-

I started my day feeling happy. Then I opened the first page of somebody's poem, a depressing rant.  I shut their poem and started my poem. Why should I ruin my day with his or her depressing poem? I thought, I'll write a positive poem, telling other poets politely, to be positive.

No comments:

Post a Comment