Wednesday, July 22, 2026

An Imaginary Angel Helped Tidy My House. Comical Poem 817 by Angela Lansbury.


Broom, dustpan, and waterproof apron featuring comical cats. Photo by Angela Lansbury.


Mess! I day-dreamed I had an angel

To tidy up my hopeless house

It worked whilst I dreamed at night

Like Beatrix Potter's helpful mouse


I woke and went around my house

Did a fearful quick inspection

I kicked things on the floor aside

Under their, start here, direction


After one minute, I did two

I saw there was so much to do

Told angel cleaner, 'I'll help you -

I'll just do this one small section


'While I'm at it, I'll clean the floor

And later I'll hoover some more.'

I'm impressed what lost things I find

Books sorted, could be found when blind


I'm sure you'd like to ask me

How to contact my angel friend?

And if they're free, you'll borrow one

Just read this note I'll gladly send


I did not need much reflection

On my room and task selection

But if you're tired and faint-hearted

The secret's simple. Get started


Imagine a helpful angel

Stands near, pointing the direction

Planning to return for photos,

Before and after inspection


What's heart-warming and impressive

Is how much, solo, I have done

Simply imagining we're two

'though all this work was done by one.

-ends-

Please follow my blog and share with your friends the links to you favourite poems and posts on my other blogs on travel, dress, and more.

No comments:

Post a Comment