Saturday, October 5, 2024

Today's Tomorrow comic poem by Angel Lansbury number .474..

 I had such a delightful day 

With family, old and new friends

Sweet food and good thoughts flowed my way

Who'd want such a sweet day to end


But when with shock I saw the clock

Careless joy was turned to sorrow

What I thought was early today

Already early tomorrow 


I must protect body and head

Be good always do the right thing

Tiptoe to welcome soft-hard bed

Remove glittery rhinestone rings


Green fish ring. Photo by Angela Lansbury. Copyright.

I let myself sink in a dream

Where soothing nonsense words are heard 

Where mud seem to be bright and clean

Magic glamour of the absurd


All jumbled up was my whole week

I'd fallen in a coffee cup

Maybe my toe caught in the sheet

Over sugar rocks, I climbed up


In dreams I'm young and I am bold

Although my right leg's feeling cold

And I forget I'm getting old

Tomorrow will be good I'm told


I happily made my escape

Out of my bed, grab, I'm falling

The light told me it was daybreak

Hot breakfast croissant was calling


Well, life moves on, what can I say

Tomorrow now is yesterday

'though its tomorrow's now today

Hurray, future's still far away.

-ends- 

The title is ambiguous. It could mean the tomorrow of today, or the tomorrow is today.

I need to protect my body and head - more than my eight syllable pattern, I must protect body and head - that's eight syllables.

No comments:

Post a Comment