Tuesday, April 30, 2024

Food and Drink - what I think comic poem 402 by Angela Lansbury


A show which offers food and drink

Promises to be fun and good

You'll guess, like you, I'd not not say no

To fine food and free drink free flow

\

Favourite foods from Italy

Panettone, sure to please

Huge green olives, salami

First the chocolates, then the cheese

.....

Too soon, reluctantly, we go

Shared a hailed taxi from the show

For we'd more, serious, tasting to do

Valpolicella at London Cru


Sat there, I sampled several wines

Don't fall down on the floor, I pray

I sipped and spit in the spitoon

After, food, and sparkling rosé\


That day I'd sipped, spit, forty drinks

Smiled when they asked, "What do you think?'

The trouble was, my first thought,

Was what I need now's forty winks.

-ends-

Photo of London Vru, By Angela Lansbury.

Please share links to your favourite posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment