Search This Blog

Sunday, October 11, 2026

The God Of The Garden. Comical poem number ... by Comic Angela Lansbury.

 I am the God of the Garden

I am the one who creates

I planted trees which shelter from breeze

Which started too small and now are too great


I am the God of the Garden

But over years made one or two mistakes

You use spades when the earth hardens

So much time and effort spent on my garden


I planted the bulbs for flowers in spring

I planted almost everything

All of the seeds, but none of the weeds

The vibrant red apples each autumn will bring


I planted flowers for birds and bees

I laid out the paths and the low wall of brick

The flowers and bushes, and fences and trees

The pear grew too slowly, the cypress too quick


The neighbours sent hedgehogs

Parrakeets and green frogs

Tennis balls, litter - carried by foxes

The birds, animals, lost cats, stray dogs


At first I was happy to see the fox

At first I was happy to see the cat

At first I was puzzled the lawn had big holes

I was not happy to see the big rat.


today I am sitting snug indoors


I'm sweeping the garden mud of the floors

No comments:

Post a Comment