Friday, August 16, 2024

The Smiling Sky poem comical poem 457 by Angela Lansbury

Smile toy. Photo by Angela Lansbury. Copyright.


Goodbye, goodbye

Look after yourself

Goodbye, goodbye

Look after your health


Until next year

Please write to me

All being well

Drive carefully


The sky is blue

Blue, blue blue

The clouds are white, 

White, white white


The clouds are light

Light, light light

A lorry's on my right

Right, right


The clouds float, 

Float, float, float

Light as a boat

Boat, boat, boat


While driving on the road

Road, road

I have a heavy suitcase load

Load, load


I have to keep awake somehow

And make sure I'm still in the now

So that in a little while

I'm safe home to smile, smile, smile.


The trees and signs and miles fly by

I think of home, my mood is high 

I'm feeling happy, don't know why

Give credit to the smiling sky.

-ends-

Please share links to your favourite poems.

No comments:

Post a Comment