Saturday, August 17, 2024

My Name Is Angela Lansbury 459


Angela Lansbury, the author, photograph by Trevor Sharot. Copyright.


My name is Angela Lansbury

But there's more than one of me

The famous actress did more publicity

I shouldn't complain, because it's free


However, there is some confusion

My books and hers are on the same page

The websites are under some delusion

I'm mainly an author but rarely on stage


People seem surprised that there are two

Some still don't know, some never knew

On LinkedIn I once found thirteen

John Browns know what I feel and mean


In Wales a common names is Jones

I'm sure more than one Tom is known

So many Tailors, some called Liz

Some Mrs, some misses, and some called Miz


In France girls are Marie, in India Patel

Easy to remember, but a phone book hell

As for Mohammed, I must refrain

From exclaiming, what an unusual name


As for the horror of being just a number

In Singapore Lees must give numbered ID

Otherwise your lottery ticket

Might go to another in your family


All day long I have to explain

Yes, that really is my name

Sometimes I think life would be more easy

If I had been named X Y Zee.

-ends-

Please share links to your favourite poems.

No comments:

Post a Comment