Thursday, July 18, 2024

Too Much Drink. Comic poem 441 by Angela Lansbury




Too much drink

One drink more

To tell the truth

I'll be sitting, 

And lying 

On the floor


He has to spit

He has to drive

He has to keep

Me alive


At a tasting

You should spit

But drinks are to be drunk

That's the point of it


You should spit

In a spittoon

You should not sing

A jolly tune


I'll keep quiet

Like a cork

This is not

The time to talk


It's time to talk

But not for me

I'll simply say

That I agree


There is not much

Inside my head

I'll just agree

With what they said


Drink I've drunk

Think I've thunk

Wink I've wunk

Don't think I'm drunk


I am drunk

Hope they don't know

Before I leak

I must go

Then we must go


I am yawwning

Half asleep

Keep eyes open

I must keep, awake, not sleep


I need water

Or coffee or tea

If you drink less

There's more for me


If I drink less

There's more for you

I wonder what

We should do


I stayed awake

I did well

No-one will know

If I don't tell


If I told you

If you don't tell

It's our secret

All is well.


Less likely to dance

More likely to rhyme

I hope we'll meet

Another time


The bottle's empty

It's time to leave

We've more dates planned

So do not grieve


Drink to be happy

That's a good cause

I think we all

Deserve applause.

-ends-

Please share links to your favourite poems and posts on my blogs.


No comments:

Post a Comment