Friday, July 24, 2026

Plenty More Fish In the Sea. Comical poem 818 by Angela Lansbury.

We got married so long ago

We've heard most of the jokes before

I've too many small size clothes to wear

He has lost most of his hair

 

There's plenty more fish in the sea

There must be one who would like me

Fraudsters and murderers can find

Somebody of the same mad mind


There must be somebody out there

With money, or debts, who'd like to share

I boasted, 'This year I wrote a book.'

My date sighed, 'I've not even read a book.'


I've had a lot of broken hearts

Lots of stalls, as well as false starts

Some I would rather not recall

Alas I can recall them all


Choose a romantic restaurant

Ask them for a romantic song

Dress to impress. Look your best

What could go wrong? All could go wrong


I had a date with a man from Reading

Although he'd come, he looked quite glum

I wondered where we were heading

He sniffed, 'My bride-to-be cancelled our wedding'


Another's depression was hard to hide

I wondered if I'd be his next bride

I asked, 'What happened to your last mate?'

He cried. 'She committed suicide!'


People look my marriage and say

'We can't understand why you stay?'

I laugh, 'Plenty more fish, I've tried the lot

But decided to stay with what I've got!'

-ends-

Please share links to your favourite posts.

January 1st 2026 I wrote poem 712. July 24th 2026 poem 818

So that is


No comments:

Post a Comment