Wednesday, July 22, 2026

An Imaginary Angel Helped Tidy My House. Comical Poem 817 by Angela Lansbury.

 I dreamed I had an angel

To tidy up my house

It worked whilst I dreamed at night

Like Beatrix Potter's mouse


I woke and went around my house

To do a quick inspection

I moved a few things to one side

Under their direction


After one minute I did two

I saw there was so much to do

I told angel, 'I'm helping you -

I'll do this one small section


'While I'm at it, I'll clean the floor

And later I'll hoover some more.'

It's amazing how much I find

Books sorted, could be found when blind


I'm sure you'd like to ask me

Who is my angel friend?

And if you could, you'd borrow one

I'll get ready to send


All of my reflection

On room and task selection

But if you are faint-hearted

It's simply getting started


Imagine that an angel

Is giving you direction

Or planning to call later

For a camera inspection


What is so impressive

Is how much I have done

When I imagine we are two

Although I'm only one.

-ends-

No comments:

Post a Comment