Thursday, June 13, 2024

Colours and numbers, symbols and flags comic poem number 429 by Angela Lansbury

Rainbow socks. Photo by Angela Lansbury. Copyright.

Happy colours in the rainbow

Happy colours all around

How many colours do you know?

In your wardrobe, hair, sky, on the ground 


White is for light, in the summer so bright

Red is for blood, flag, patriotic mood

Black is for night, calm sleep, that's all right

Brown is for chocolate, good earth and bad mud


Burgundy is a dark colour of fine wine\

925's good silver, cheaper than gold

Nineties tells you that the weather is hot

Nineties means you're wise, writing wills and old


Squirels can be red, grey, striped or deep black

My favourite hair colours? Ginger. Red

If the food has gone black I'm sending it back

 White skin means youre an albino or dead


Green stand for go

Red means please stop

Yellow helmet for safety

Black helmet for cop


Black clothes easy to clean

For a school uniform

No-one knows who you are 

Why that colour has been worn


I placed an order, emerald buttons

They sent me dark green, the colours don't match

You can hide a stain, let colours march on

I hid a small hole with a jolly gold patch.


I'm wearing rainbow colours today

I'm not having a political say

It isn't that I'm colour blind

It's just that I can't make up my mind.

-ends-

Please share links to your favourite poems.

No comments:

Post a Comment