Thursday, December 22, 2016

New Year Poem by Angela Lansbury



New Year Wishes Poem
 by Angela Lansbury 

I hope each New Year brings to you 
The season's days of joy and ease 
Like happy birds which sing and dance 
And bounce each dawn and break the trees 

 Please, every year when you look back 
List all you've done as each year ends
Smile and recall laughter and fun 
And family and your ex friends. 

Ignore small things missed or done wrong
The childlike adults who rowed and swore
Let's hope next year's a bit better
And naughty friends learned, don't keep doing more.

 Copyright Angela Lansbury 2016

 I woke early and heard a bird singing. My neighbour Alice says it's probably a starling. 
*** Above is my first draft.
 I might change the I thought of changing the word 'your' in the last line to 'our'. 

Let's compare it to the hymn All Things Bright And Beautiful. That has a new image in each line. So let's put more images in my poem. I've seen several people composing their own poems for Christmas cards or emails. 

If you want to share this poem, please send your friends and family a link to this post. Thank you.

 I must try a parody of Old Lang Syne. 

 Every year Grapedeal.com sends out a Christmas song parody using words relating to wine or wine bottles. 


 Follow me on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube. 
Please like and share my posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment